Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Insomnia

I can't sleep. I figure now is a good time to write. I feel I have too much on my plate at the moment but it's kind of exciting too.

I'm getting married in 10 days, I'm going on my honeymoon the day after the wedding. The day we return from our honeymoon we get not one, but TWO new additions to the family. 30 days after that we move to another place.

Maybe I'll look back at my last few weekends instead, looking forward is quite dizzying. Two weekends ago my bridesmaids threw me a surprise bridal shower. I had absolutely no idea! Even my fiance was in cahoots and didn't say a word. It was so easy for them to keep it from me it seems. Danny just says to me on a Friday evening, "Tim (best man) called, he wants us to come over on Sunday." On Sunday morning, Danny says "what time do you want to leave?" I say "Do you think we have enough money for a day trip?" He says "not really, we can stay home if you want, just let me know."

Early afternoon we go anyways and SURPRISE almost every woman I know was at my best friend's house. It was so nice to see everyone and I had so much fun. Maybe I am biased because it was a shower for me and all, but it wasn't one of those typical, dreadful showers. There weren't any awkward games and everyone seemed to have a good time.
The gifts were incredible, the food was delicious, and I can't stress enough how great the whole day was!
My step-dad's mother came too. She's a wonderful lady. I can't believe how far she travelled just to come, which I thought was so very nice. She also brought a gift from her cousin, a woman I have never met before. I was touched. They didn't have to do that! I am grateful and I can't seem to express this enough.
My sister-in-law didn't come. She didn't even RSVP. I'm actually not surprised. As you can tell by my previous blog, my brother and sister-in-law are so self-absorbed that they don't seem to notice anything besides themselves. It's awful. I was there every step of the way when it was their wedding. And again for their first baby. I don't drive and yet I was able to commute from East Toronto to North Brantford for all of their pre-wedding and wedding events.

To this day, they haven't even replied to the wedding invite. 10 days before my wedding and I couldn't even tell you if my brother is coming. How horrible is that?

Moving on to more positive things. This past weekend my girls threw me a bachelorette party. There were only four of us: myself, my maid of honour, my chief bridesmaid, and a good friend.
It was nice and intimate and I loved every minute of it. We all bonded quite nicely. Mind you, I'm bonded to them already obviously, but it was nice for them to bond. We all live in different cities so it's not common for us all to hang out together. I met each of them separately and if it wasn't for me, they would not know each other. I think it's fantastic that they all get along so well... you know how girls can be... but not MY girls! We're just not like that, haha.
I won't go into details about the evening, but I will say that I got on top of the bar and removed my brassiere. Unfortunately the bar closed before midnight.... I guess we were just too much fun for them.

The next day I had a family barbecue at my mom's house. Danny and I decided to get everyone together one last time before the wedding to say thanks for all of their hard work. My dad didn't seem too happy to be there and I think my step-mom is getting crazier each day. But at least she was happy and pleasant.

I shall try again to go to sleep, if I am unsuccessful, you may be reading another blog shortly!

1 comment:

Danny Brown said...

If you can't sleep in future, you should make your fiance some nice warm milk and cookies - that should do the trick! ;-)